Friday 20 March 2020

Flora & fauna of Sabah (Feb.2020) - part 1

It was hot & dry when I was travelling around west Sabah in February 2020.

The interesting vertical cliff at Padas gorge (Paleogene sediments) at Sabah:

After checking the reference book & I found out the falconet that I saw in Sabah is another new lifer. It is Bornean falconet (Microhierax latifrons), endemic species from Sabah. It is the smallest bird of prey in the world.

Begonia lambii

Praying manthis





Unknown Begonia





Begonia bintang




Unknown Begonia




The interesting vertical cliff at Padas gorge (Paleogene sediments) at Sabah:





At first, I thought I saw the common crested serpent eagle in Sabah, then I check my reference book & found out it is my lifer. This is Kinabalu Serpent Eagle (Spilornis kinabaluensis).






No comments:

Post a Comment