Wednesday 1 August 2012

Birds from Sabah (part 1)

All photos are taken at the end of July 2012 at Sabah, northern Borneo.


Hooded Pitta, (Pitta sordida) from the swamp of Kinabatangan river basin.


A Buffy fish owl (Ketupa ketupu) from Kinabantangan river is winking at me.


A Buffy fish owl (Ketupa ketupu).

This Malaysian Blue Flycatcher (Cyornis turcosus) doesn't scare of me. It flew to a branch less than 2 meter away from me!


Oriental Dollarbird (Eurystomus orientalis) is going to land on a bare tree branch....too bad the image is a bit blur cos of my hand shake. :-(
 




A pacific swallow (Hirundo tahitica) is just flying off from a tree branch.
The Rhinoceros Hornbill (Buceros rhinoceros), is one of the largest hornbills from Borneo. I'm so happy to get a better shot this time in Sabah. But again, I feel sad for all those hornbills cos they are forced to live in small patches of forest due to deforestation. The deforestation problem is very serious there. :-(



Asian black hornbill (Anthracoceros malayanus) from Sabah. Male is on the left & female is on the right.


Oriental pied hornbill (Anthracoceros albirostris) from Sabah.

No comments:

Post a Comment