Sunday 14 August 2022

Julan Fall - the Mother of all the waterfalls in Sarawak (part 4)

Day 2: Around 4.30pm. Rainbow appeared on the bottom of Julan Fall. My friend decided to fly his drone but unsuccessfully due to no GPS signal in the valley. It only managed to fly a few feet high & captured the image of the waterfall with the rainbow. At that time, I had to start walking back to camp 2 cos jungle was getting dark very soon. At a creek, I could not see properly due to the dim light. I fell down on a slippery boulder, hit my left knee & my walking stick hit the head of my guide by accident. Both of us shouted at the same time. 😅 Around 5.30pm, I hardly could see the trail at all & my body was completely exhausted. Thanks to the guide waiting for me and my friend who were walking in very slow pace while most of our team mates already reached the camp site to prepare for the dinner & set up the tent. At 6pm, we reached the camp 2. Setting up our hammocks using headlamps cos it was dark already. There was no water for us to take shower there except a bit of spring water for drinking & cooking. A few of us got the "bloody red" shirts caused by leeches. We ate the late dinner & then slept early to prepare for the next challenge on the next day to attempt to cross the river to the next waterfall - Eastern Julan Fall. ......to be continued.

Mischobulbum sp. (orchid)


Cinnamon tree frog (Nyctixalus pictus)

Piptospatha sp.

Unknown snail


Borneosa sp.

Begonia sp.

Everettia sp.


Ibanum sp.???


Bulbophyllum dearei


Waterfall without name is everywhere

Phyllagathis sp.

Nepenthes reinwardtiana

Volcanic cliff

Melastomataceae



No comments:

Post a Comment